Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life without AC


When I moved to Colorado, I was so excited that I was moving into a house that a) had a bathtub and 2) had air conditioning. I've been in 7th heaven just being able to soak my achy shoulders and muscles whenever I want in the tub. A shower is great but not when you want to just light some candles, put on relaxing music, get a glass of wine and soak in a nice hot bubble bath. The air conditioner here died on Sunday afternoon and the house has been in the 90's for the most part. Of course, my room has been cooler. I brought my portable room air conditioning unit with me from California. It was such fun carrying it up the stairs. It weighs at least 60 pounds and I was carrying it by myself. I keep my room dark for the most part to help keep it cool. I run the ac unit at 80 in the day time while at work and down to 72 at night when I get home. I have the ceiling fan on 24/7 and I also have a small tower type oscillating fan next to the bed. My 4 legged daughter stays in my room during the day and I want to make sure she says cool. My roommate's room is like an oven and downstairs isn't much better. Last night she was hinting that I should pay to fix the air conditioning unit. I told her no way, her sister who is our landlady is responsible for fixing it. If it's not fixed.. not my problem, I at least have my portable unit for my room. Her parents are downstairs now and seeing if they can fix it. I'm curious to see what the final result will be tonight... Will post an update when I know.

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

ewwwwwwwwwww hands you my fan too
hope gets fixed soon Ma