Saturday, January 27, 2007

Diets and Exercise


Diets are so boring. Over the last umpteen years I didn't really take care of myself and have gotten completely out of shape and overweight. Heck why say overweight when the truth is I'm obese by today's standards. My weight has caused me to have Type II diabetes. I've been told it can be controlled by diet and exercise but for now they have my on a daily pill. This pill has such a cute name... "januvia". It is the name of a place in a movie I've watched a couple of times. (Yes, I do watch chick flicks.) I decided as a New Year resolution to do something about my weight and health. For now, I'm on Nutrisystem. It's expensive or can be but it's helping me lose weight as well as learning the proper portions for meals. So far I've lost 15 pound but have 114 to go before meeting my goal weight. Now if the weather would just cooperate so I could go for walks in the morning before work. It also needs to cooperate so I won't be spending $400 a month for electric and gas, just to keep the house at 66F. Next step is to get enough money to join Curves and do a daily or every other day work out. I could think of another exercise that would help lose weight and be soooooooo much more fun but alas I have no partner for type of exercise.
I'm hoping to finally see an old friend this summer. I'd like to surprise him with a much thinner and healthier me. *EG*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.